What's the Latest- Quarantine Season
Whew, we are already in October. 2020 has its pedal to the metal. It's a bit weird how I have somewhat adjusted to our new normal. I guess part of it is just accepting that I may as well get with the program instead of going stir crazy. Your girl has been somewhat busy with my new routine on top of getting plenty of rest. I am an ambivert, so now I am feeling pretty good about finding ways to be busy in this new life. Are you still trying to find excitement in the world we are living in now? My advice to you is to relax. Life is already complicated. There is no need to make it more complicated. The main goal you should be trying to accomplish is staying sane and safe! Here is what I have done over the past few months. You should try some of them!!
· Binge-watching tv shows- I think I have already told yall, I prefer to watch tv on Netflix and Hulu. This way, I avoid commercials and do not have to wait a week for the next episode. I have been binge-watching Girlfriends, Insecure, The Chi, P Valley, Black Love, Martin, Selling Sunset, Dynasty, to name a few, lol. Mind you, some of these shows have 10+ seasons and over 20 episodes per season. I was able to chat with some of my friends about what took place on shows. We would have a good kee-kee and share perspectives on many of the topics. For the record, Toni Childs, who specializes in results, was the star of Girlfriends- My opinion!
· Werkout! Move your damn body! In the midst of me being a binge-watcher- I tried to walk at least 3 miles per day. Please do not ask where I came up with 3 miles, LOL. It started with my sister and I doing a Nike run challenge- 30 miles in 30 days. She won. This fact did not matter at all. What mattered was that I completed the challenge. That then turned into many more challenges with other people. It was fun as people were motivating each other to get up and move/walk! I walked in the morning when the air was crisp, and all you heard was the sound of nature. I was never really an outside person, but of course, being stuck in the house for months, I have a greater appreciation for being outside.
· Weekly FaceTimes with friends and family- I have standing weekly calls with my family and friends. These calls can range from 5 minutes to 4 hours. I welcome them.
· My newest fav- now that outside is somewhat open- STAYCATION! I always said that I wanted to stay at a hotel for a weekend and relax. Your girl did it and is currently obsessed. My favorite hotels are Marriott (stack them points), Artsy Grand Bohemian, or a boutique hotel. I have stayed one night at some places to feel like I was traveling or for a change of scenery.
· Quick road trips- I drove from Greenville to Asheville one weekend. Riding through the mountains and grabbing brunch- was a great way to take a break from the walls of my apartment.
· Chef Boyar Krissy- I had a moment when I was cooking all kinds of things, whether it was a macaroni recipe or a dessert from Tik Tok. I purchased an air fryer AKA the adult Easy Bake Oven and let me tell you. It is a gamechanger. I have cooked everything from salmon to cheeseburger egg rolls in that thing. It was so much fun sharing recipes with my sister and cousin. The running joke is when it is safe to have gatherings (not the ones some of yall are attending), we will be able to bring the sides! Check out some of my favs!
Being that it is just me, I have to get creative with how I spend my time, or the days will seem slow and longgggg. LOL I pray that you have found some things to keep you sane during these unprecedented times.